West Kendall Baptist Hospital, which opened for patient care on April 27, 2011, is a teaching hospital with surgical, emergency, maternity and diagnostic units. The hospital represents the first completely new, non-replacement hospital built in Miami in more than 35 years. The hospital was built with patients at the center of the design, with Open family and friends visiting hours.
- Located on a 30-acre property in the Kendall Town Center, at SW 162nd Avenue and 96th Street, the four-story, 282,000-square-foot facility accommodates 133 licensed acute care inpatient beds with private patient rooms.
- West Kendall Baptist Hospital was built to withstand a Category 5 hurricane with winds of 180 mph. The building will be self-sustainable for a minimum of five days following a severe weather event.
- As a Green Hospital, the hospital's construction has incorporated Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design standards for environmental responsibility and sustainability. For their fitness and recreational needs, the West Kendall community is able to use the beautifully landscaped pedestrian trails and bike paths that surround three lakes on the 30-acre campus.
- Through a formal academic affiliation with the Florida International University's Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, West Kendall Baptist Hospital will be home to an accredited family practice residency program.
- Adjacent to the hospital is the Medical Arts Building. This is a freestanding, four-story, 63,000-square-foot building of physician offices with an outpatient diagnostic and imaging center on the first floor.
- West Kendall Baptist Hospital has captured fourth-place honors in the 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in America competition, and first-place in the state of Florida, recognizing the brand-new facility's architectural style, photogenic properties, landscaping and overall distinctiveness. The annual competition was sponsored by Soliant Health, a part of Adecco Group.
- Imaging Services include: CAT Scan, MRI, nuclear medicine, general radiology including fluoroscopic studies and ultrasound.
Our hospital-based imaging center offers:
- Coronary CT angiography
- Nuclear medicine