● Extensive experience in all modalities of Breast Imaging including 2D Digital Mammography, 3D Tomosynthesis , Breast Ultrasound, Breast MRI, Nuclear Imaging of Breast with Positron Emission Mammography
● Breast Interventions: Breast Biopsies and Wire Localizations under Ultrasound, Stereotactic and MRI Guidance, Ductograms
1. Consultant Radiologist at The Tyanna O’Brien Center for Women’s Imaging at Mercy Medical Center in
Baltimore, Maryland March 2014 - 9/8/2017
2. July 2009 – March 2014
● Division Director in the section of Women's Imaging, Department of Radiology at State University of
New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University
● Clinical Investigator at Research Foundation at SUNY Upstate Medical University
● Concurrent Faculty at College of Medicine at Upstate Medical University
● Partner of University Radiology Associates, LLP
3. July 2008- June 2009
● Fellowship in Breast Imaging at UTMB Galveston, Texas
4. October 2008 to November 2008
● Concurrent Fellowship in Breast Imaging at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
5. July 2007 – June 2008
● Fellowship in Abdominal Imaging at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida
6. March 1992- May 2007
● Proprietor and Consultant at: Dr. Masrani Clinic, Mumbai and Delisle Road X-Ray and Sono Clinic,
● Consultant at several charitable institutions in Mumbai: Noor Hospital, Jane Patrao Charitable Trust, D.
S. Kothari Charitable Hospital and Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital
● Section Chief of Women’s Imaging at SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York (July 2009
● Teaching and training of Radiology Residents and Medical Students in form of didactic lectures as well
as during routine clinical rotation
● Conduct regular Radiology Pathology Conferences to discuss association of both these sections of
Medicine in achieving better patient care
● Conduct Radiology part of the monthly Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer conferences involving Breast
Surgeons, Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists and Pathologists
Co-investigator in several Breast Cancer related research projects:
1. i) To Determine sensitivity and specificity of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in the context of breast cancer.
ii) Determine additional scan time and additional cost burden due to clinical utilization of MRI
2. Sestamibi Mammography and MRI did not parallel each other in their diagnostic sensitivities but that
the two approaches combined, significantly improve diagnostic sensitivity to diagnose breast Cancer,
over each separate modality
3. To develop a mathematical model and procedure using Elastomammography for differentiating between benign and malignant breast masses that has a high sensitivity, specificity, and positive predictive value, we will be able to reduce the number of biopsies that are performed. Currently, about 80% of biopsies return a negative result. Any technique that can significantly improve this result will have significant clinical value
4. Role of Micro-CT in assessing completeness of lumpectomy margins
1. On a daily routine, teach the nuances of Mammography to radiology residents from SUNY Upstate
Medical University, who are on their rotation in the department of Women’s Imaging.
2. Conduct formal didactic lectures for Radiology residents.
3. Conduct Board review courses for Radiology Residents who are preparing to take the American Board
of Radiology exams.
4. Teach medical students from SUNY Upstate Medical School as they rotate through the Radiology
5. Teach Obstetric and Gynecology residents and familiarize them with interpretation of ultrasound of
female reproductive system and fetal anatomy and anomalies.
6. Conduct lectures for Breast Surgery and Radiation Oncology residents dealing in Breast Cancer on
different Breast Imaging modalities and their interpretations.
1. Authored a chapter in the book ‘ Sahani’s Abdominal Imaging’ which is published by Elsevier
2. Co-author of a mammography display study paper, which is accepted by IWDM 2010 and will be
printed by Springer. IWDM (International Workshop on Digital Mammography) is an academically well
respected bi-annual conference.